We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked lightbox questions.
If you are unable to find the answer you are looking for we would appreciate an email or phone call so that our technical experts can assist you.
Why Should I use LED lightboxes?
Backlit LED Light Boxes are a fantastic method to improve your retail shop space by grabbing and holding customers’ attention. It’s a beacon of light.
It’s crucial to think about a few vital factors before making an investment in a lightbox! Size, Location, Position
The best place for a lightbox?
Lightboxes are frequently fastened to gondolas, pelmets, and walls. Lightboxes in the back of your room can aid in generating interest and drawing in attention. Deliver your message hanging from a window or the ceiling can be successful. Freestanding, double-sided lightboxes that are placed thoughtfully can be effective and simple to move around to accommodate shifting showroom designs or Planograms.
Which profile should I use?
Narrow profile or a large double side. Lightboxes can be used in retail stores, car dealerships, restaurants, conference centres, hotels, health clubs, grocery stores, meeting rooms, public transportation, stadiums, airports, arenas, schools, colleges and universities, and theatres. The size and brightness will help determine the ideal profile to use.
We have in the fabric range
55mm single sides
80mm single side
120mm double side
Our Art series lightbox – Luminosity
65mm single side wall mounted
Just ask us for guidance.
Where should you think about using lightboxes?
Thanks to their unparalleled print resolution, our fabric tension graphics and aluminium extrusions can illuminate any space, whether for retail, sports, or events. Lightboxes have been used in these types of facilities to increase customer or audience engagement. You will see our lightboxes in all sorts of spaces:
Specialty retailers, automobile showrooms, shops in department stores, restaurants, conference and exhibition halls, fitness clubs, public spaces such as libraries, town halls and public meeting places, hotels, stadiums and arenas, airports, schools, universities and theatres.
Do we make lightboxes for outdoors?
We don’t make outdoor lightboxes or under awning lighboxes.
Do we make under awning lightboxes?
We don’t make outdoor under-awning lightboxes.
Do we make circular or oval lightboxes
We don’t make circular lightboxes, but we can produce some custom shapes or corner wrap arounds.
What colour finishes are avaliable?
Most colours can be ordered as a special order.
We carry Silver anodised, (our most requested)
We also have black and white available in most ranges.
What kind of LED's do you use?
We use ladder strips for our most popular lightboxes. We designed and developed a smart LED with a built-in lens to ensure the best illumination.
We also use edge-lit strips for some smaller or narrow lightboxes. Not recommended if corporate colours are important due to light fall off and shadowing.
We only use 12v and 24 v lights
- CE marking and UL listing. CE mark is required for equipment used in Europe and Australia. UL is a certification indication of rigorous safety testing used in America.
- 3-year warranty on our LED strips
Refer to our About LED’s page:
What is the maximum size?
All lightboxes are built to order. Custom sizes up to 3000mm high and 6000mm wide.
Check with us if you need a corner box or custom shape.
We do not produce round or oval
Why use Dye sublimation fabric graphics for lightboxes?
There are several reasons why people use dye sublimation to create fabric graphics for lightboxes:
- Durability: Dye sublimation creates a permanent bond between the ink and the fabric, which makes the graphics resistant to fading, peeling, and scratching. This makes them ideal for use in high-traffic areas or for long-term displays.
- Vibrant colors: Dye sublimation allows for a wide range of colors to be reproduced accurately, so the graphics can have a high-quality, vibrant appearance.
- Easy to install: Fabric graphics are generally easier to install than rigid materials like PVC or acrylic, as they can be easily stretched and secured to the frame of the lightbox.
- Lightweight: Fabric graphics are much lighter than other materials, making them easier to transport and install, and less stressful on the lightbox frame.
- Eco-friendly: Fabric graphics are a more environmentally friendly option, as they can be easily recycled or repurposed at the end of their lifespan.
What is SEG?
SEG, or Silicone Edge Graphics, is a dye-sublimated print technique.
Ink is heat-set into the woven fabric, creating a soft appearance and feel while also allowing for gentle washing in a machine if the graphic becomes dirty. This process produces a natural organic appearance while maintaining excellent colour and resolution accuracy.
What is Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is a two-stage fabric printing process that involves digitally dye printing the fabric with heat activated dyes and then heat curing the printed fabric to achieve a vibrant, detailed, and comprehensive printed image within the fabric.